RFP released for facility partnerships at new north Simcoe secondary school and Barrie North CollegiateJune 3, 2015
NewsBack to News Page
The Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) is inviting proposals for facility partnerships for the development of the new north Simcoe secondary school in Midland and for an addition/renovation at Barrie North Collegiate Institute. The details for proposal submissions are outlined in the SCDSB’s Requests for Proposal (RFP), which are published on www.biddingo.com/scdsb. The deadline to submit proposals for is June 30, 2015.
“We welcome proposals from non-profit, public and private sector organizations to partner in the construction and operating costs of the new school and addition at Barrie North through the development of mutually beneficial shared facilities,” says Paul Sloan, Superintendent of Education responsible for facility partnerships. “This is an opportunity to maximize the use of these facilities and to provide additional resources to the local communities. We’re looking forward to the ideas that may emerge.”
The types of partnerships that will be considered are outlined in the Facility Partnerships Policy (Policy 2345). Partnerships must be suitable, viable and acceptable. This means:
• the health and safety of students and staff is of prime importance
• the partner must be appropriate for a school setting
• the partner must demonstrate how the partnership will support student achievement and well-being
• the partner must be in good financial standing and be able to cover the associated costs
• the partner must not provide a competing service (e.g. private schools, tutoring companies)
For more information on facility partnerships, refer to Board Policy 2345.
For more information regarding the RFPs, please visit www.biddingo.com/scdsb.
Paul Sloan, Superintendent, SCDSB
705-734-6363 ext. 11208