We need your help to keep students safe at arrival and dismissal
The safety of students is our top priority. Arrival and dismissal are busy times at schools. We need to work together with parents, guardians and childcare providers to make sure students are safe.
Review our Best Practices Statement for an overview of our arrival and dismissal practices. Here are key points to be aware of when planning pick up and/or drop off of students:
- Supervision starts fifteen (15) minutes before bell time and ends fifteen (15) minutes after bell time, school staff will contact the parent/guardian, followed by emergency contact for any student who is not picked up within this time.
- If late pickup happens often, additional support services may be involved.
- If parents/guardians arrange for other people to pick up their children, like a private childcare provider, the parent/guardian is responsible to ensure the alternate person/program is picking up on time.
- Designated bus loading zones are out-of-bounds during arrival and dismissal times, with the only exception being Simcoe County Student Transportation Consortium buses. Private childcare providers will be asked not to use these areas. Parents are also not allowed to drop off or pick up in the bus zones.
- Once buses have departed and the loading zone has been opened up by school staff, vehicle traffic may begin to flow through the area to pick students up. Traffic must be in constant flow in this area at all times, meaning no unattended parked vehicles in this area.
- Unattended vehicles must be parked in an approved parking space, outside of the kiss and ride area, with the engine turned off.