What's the SCDSB Difference?
The purpose of a strategic plan is to set goals and directions that will guide the work of our organization and help us realize our vision of a community of learners achieving full potential.
From mid-September to mid-October 2016, a team of Simcoe County District School Board (SCDSB) staff ran consultation activities to gather input from our internal and external stakeholders.
What we wanted to know
What does the SCDSB do already to help us realize our vision of a community of learners achieving full potential? (What are we doing well?)
What is the most important thing that we can begin to do to help us realize our vision? (How can we improve?)
What role do you think SCDSB schools play or should play in your community?
How we reached out to the community
- Online survey
- Where should we invest? sorting activity to help identify priority areas
- #SCDSBDifference Twitter chats on Thurs., Sept. 22 & Thurs., Oct. 6 at 8 p.m.
- Use of #SCDSBDifference at other times to share ideas and examples of the difference we make
- Visited the Collingwood
Downtown Farmers’ Market (Sept. 17), Orillia Downtown Farmers’ Market (Sept.
24) and Alliston Downtown Farmers’ Market (Oct. 1) to speak to community members
- On-the-spot interviews with parents and students at select schools
across Simcoe County
- Randomly selected parents, students and staff, as well as community members to provide input in person during workshops on Oct. 4
Results of the stakeholder participation
The results of the stakeholder participation were presented to the Board of Trustees during a Special Board Meeting on November 23, 2016. Read the report
How we'll use the feedback
input from the consultation activities will help identify key areas
stakeholders believe we should focus on in the school system. The work to draft
a new strategic plan also includes a review of research, our own SCDSB data, and
the expectations we receive from the Ministry of Education.
information will help the Board of Trustees set our priorities. The strategic
plan will outline how—together—we inspire and empower learning for life.
Ultimately, our strategic priorities should move us toward our vision of a
community of learners achieving full potential.