What is eLearning?
eLearning gives students the opportunity to earn Ontario high school credits online. Teachers are certified, experienced and committed to student success.
eLearning Ontario is a project of the Ministry of Education that provides eLearning courses and educational resources to school boards. This gives school boards new ways to teach Ontario's curriculum and helps students succeed.
For more information visit: www.edu.gov.on.ca/elearning.
eLearning Frequently Asked Questions
eLearning student information booklet
What are the benefits of taking an eLearning course?
- eLearning accommodates many different learning styles
- students learn in a flexible environment - study anywhere at your own pace
- eLearning fosters increased conversation and engagement among students who may be uncomfortable participating in a traditional classroom setting
- students enjoy course content delivered through innovative tools that build digital literacy skills
Is eLearning right for me?
eLearning is an ideal choice for individuals:
- Looking for courses that might otherwise be unavailable (i.e. timetable conflicts, courses not being offered or courses with full enrolment)
- Missing credits required to graduate
- Who are physically unable to attend the local high school
- Travel away from home
- Athletes with intensive training programs that conflict with school schedules
Take the eLearning quiz to decide if an online course is right for you.
What courses can I take?
Students can select from courses offered both by the SCDSB and by other boards throughout the province. All courses are taught by an Ontario Certified Teacher. View a full listing of courses.
For more information about enrolling in an eLearning course, contact a high school guidance counsellor or email firstname.lastname@example.org.