Get help - resources within Simcoe County

Urgent services

Emergency services

Call 911 or go to the emergency room of your local hospital.

Non-urgent services

Mental health, addiction and substance misuse
Indigenous child and family well-being services
Housing/outreach services
  • Youth Haven – Supporting youth in need in Simcoe County, offers various programs and services including transitional housing, emergency care housing, counselling, court support, case management.
    - 705-739-7616
  • Elizabeth Fry Society Simcoe Muskoka –  offers variety of programs and services to youth and adults including transitional housing, community and youth justice programs, youth trustee ship, harm reduction and problematic substance use, health relationships, grief and loss. 
    - 705-725-0613
  • Season’s Centre for Grieving Children – offering peer to peer support groups for children/teens and their families grieving the death, or life-threatening illness of an immediate family member. 
    - 705-721-5437
  • Hospice Simcoe – various services including grief and bereavement support for adults and
    children/teens who are anticipating or has already experienced the loss of a loved one.
    - 705-725-1140
Sexual health
  • Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit – provides many services including pregnancy testing and counselling, pregnancy testing, brith control, and testing for sexually transmitted infections.  There are various Sexual Health Clinic locations across Simcoe County. To find the closest one to you visit the link above or call 705-721-7520 or 1-877-721-7520 #3. 
  • Athena’s Sexual Assault and Counselling and Advocacy Centre – offers various services including counselling, support groups and legal support to women identified individuals 16 years and older. 
    - 705-737-2884
Peer support
  • The Gilbert Centre – offers various social and support services, including LGBTQ youth and family programming
    - 705-722-6778 ext. 801 or call/text 705-715-2198
  • Lesbian Gay Bi Trans Youth Line - free peer support through telephone, text and chat services
    - 1-800-268-9688 or text 647-694-4275
Can't find what you're looking for?

211 Simcoe County provides information about social services and community resources within Simcoe County.